Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Deep Freeze











Ice fog over the North Pole Area

Fred Meyer Scarf, Hat and Mitten
Gap Jacket (thrifted)
Anthroplogie Silk Blouse (thrifted)
Banana Republic Cashmere Cardigan (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters High Rise Jeans
Dublin Leather Boots (gift)
Spell Designs Dreamweaver Bag (ebay)

I got up yesterday to start the beast so I could run the kids down to the bus stop and glanced outside at the thermometer.  Ooooh, a balmy -48 below zero, how fun!   The worst part is, I was driving down the road and waaay up ahead I could see bus lights gleaming through the thick ice fog.  Huh....it's still early, must be the trick bus...SHIT!  It's the real bus! 
The bus ended up being early for the first time since never !  Almost -50 below and he's early!  So much wrong with the picture. 

The kids ended up making it on the bus and that's the end of my exciting story.  (I know, I really had everyone on the edge of their seats with that one.)  The only thing I can thick of to contribute to that is when I picked up Izzy, no one apparently felt like coats were a "thing."  Her class releases outside, even in the below zero temps and the parent usually hang around outside waiting.  Well, today only a few of us had on light coats, one person had a puffer coat and three grandmas wore open knit cardigans.  Boots were apparently a no-no as everyone had on sneakers.

It had warmed up to only -44 below by that point so I guess it makes sense.    I was so over dressed for the occasion.

3 comments:

  1. Brrr ... just reading that about people's lack of coats in -44 temperatures makes me shiver! Nonetheless, I really enjoyed those gorgeous photos of the snowy landscape. (And your fringed bag is great - I love the sense of motion it adds to your outfits.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. brrrrr... I never ever would survive this, haha! your pics are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these beautiful photos! Haha, a lot of times they downright cancel school here if the temps are in the teens, even if there isn't any snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)