Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Chilly Afternoon Sun





Free People Hat
Dollhouse Coat (thrifted)
JCrew Men' Cashmere Sweater (gift)
James Jeans (thrifed)
Report Leather Boots (thrifted)
Free People Bag (gift)

Aside from the fact that I obviously need to shave the pills off, this sweater has been pretty fantastic.  I've had a few JCrew cashmere sweaters and was not impressed with the quality, even taking care washing them didn't prevent them from falling apart in less than a year.  This sweater however, I think it could possibly survive a nuclear holocaust, That's how rough I've been on it!  I usually wear it as a work sweater or when I'm working outside because cashmere is SO warm, especially with a long sleeve underneath. (It also doesn't itch like wool, I love how warm wool is but man, it drives me up the wall with the itchiness.)  The cashmere on the men's is at least three times thicker than the womens' version and it's pilled a little, no holes!  It's sort of sad that the men's are such higher qualitly, you'd think that companies would know women like nice stuff that doesn't fall apart just as much as dudes.

4 comments:

  1. Cashmere is really hard to care for! Mine felt apart after one year too, so I went back to simple wool. love your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great coat! I can't believe you thrifted it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, sure sign of a good sweater!
    And ugh, I know, wool drives me crazy - I can't wear it :/
    Love this coat! I actually recognized it right away because a girl in my Printmaking class has the same one and I've been lusting over it ever since xD

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pair of jeans that are really similar to these with the zipper details. These look great on you and I'm loving the coat too. Cashmere sweaters are wonderful too, even if they're hard to take care of. They're really the warmest. It sucks that the mens' sweaters are such higher quality too. You're right. We need stuff that doesn't fall apart too!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)