Friday, January 16, 2015

As It Hangs In The Air





Hat (thrifted)
AE Scarf
Wool Coat (thrifted)
Free People Sweater (thrifted)
Wool Skirt (thrifted)
Leather Boots (gift)
Ecote Bag

These pictures were back from when it was -25 below, it felt pretty chilly that day compared to the nice weather we've been having and I was a total wimp about taking pictures.  I'd thrifted this skirt last summer and was saving it for the really cold days, the wool's pretty thick and with fleece leggings, it really tapped the heat and kept my legs warms. (Well, tall boots helped.)  It's really a cold weather only skirt, it's be way too warm for spring but after last winter, I really wanted to have a warmer skirt so I didn't end up wearing pants for three months straight. (Pretty much like last winter - that was really boring to look back through.)   Of course, this ends up being the warmest winter on record so I haven't really gotten much wear out of it.  Not that I'm complaining though!

6 comments:

  1. Haha, I really have to laugh about how different people from different parts of the world are sensitive to feeling cold or warm! -25°?! I would die ;) love your look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you take pictures without a coat when it's -25 C. Brrr! Beautiful skirt - just what you need for a cold winter day! I don't think I've ever had a thick wool skirt when I lived in Siberia, but all those other layers underneath a long sheepskin coat certainly kept me warm (and I walked a lot and used public buses all the time, no car back then). Good strategy. The necklace is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is pretty cold! That coat is really great, I've been hoping to come across a nice plaid coat during my thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I can practically feel the chill through these photos 0_o
    Aha, and yes, tall boots help with warmth! Love the long woolen skirt - it's lovely

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, you guys have a real life winter fairy tale there! :D I love these photos, they're surreal! The jacket is so pretty, I love the dark red top too, makes a spectacular contrast with the snow *_* I'm hypnotized!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)