Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I Like Pretty Dresses And I Cannot Lie





Forever21 Jacket (gift)
Free People Dress (ebay)
Suede Bag (thrifted)
Carlos Boots
Urban Outfitters Hat

I really like this dress so much, it always seems like a shame to cover up all of the pretty embroidery.  One thing Free People does really well is embroidery, it's always front and back on a garment and is really well done, I've washed several things so far and have had no problem with threads coming unraveled.  the only thing I'm not fond of is their tendency to only included half slips on their dresses and skirts, if you're going through the effort, just finish it!  I know most retailers don't even put slips in their dresses these days but come on.
Actually, did you realize how hard it is to find a decent slip these days?  A few stores will stock maybe one type of half slips(usually not very good ones) and full slips have been even harder to find, aside from at the thrift stores.  I feel so old now, complaining about slips but seriously, who wears dresses without slips?  Most dresses are so sheer now, and with winter static, I really need one to get rid of clinging.

7 comments:

  1. hi dear
    very nice outfit
    i like the last 2 pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. Let me try this again, without the typos!

    I want to say that your darker hair really shows of your gorgeous eyes. I love it!

    And, yes, slips are nearly impossible to find in brick and mortar stores. It's horrible. I usually thrift mine or get them from Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, nowadays, the sheer thing is in, and people like flashing their underthings everywhere :P
    I would know, because I'm in the young teen/20's audience that this trend is being marketed to. I'm not buying it though! In this case, less is NOT more!
    Haha, anyway, love this Free People dress every time you wear it - they really do embroidery well indeed <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always avoid garments without proper slips, but this one makes me wanna retail. love the jacket too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I have been looking for a slip for so long now that I am almost convinced that they haven't been made since like, the 60's. Right now I use a really long white tank top. -_- That dress is so pretty though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)