Monday, December 8, 2014

Fade To Black








Jaxon Hat (thrifted)
Old Navy Parka
Bebe Leather Jacket (consignment)
Maje Tee (thrifted)
J.Brand Maria Jeans (ebay)
Seychelles Boots
Ecote Bag

So I don't know if I got a really defective pair, but I have had the worst time with this pair of jeans.  So far (with very light wear) I've had to patch holes by the back pocket seams on both sides twice and today as I was getting ready to wear them again, a gigantic hole opened up in the back.  The entire back seam pretty much just ripped out.  Like I said, I don't know if I just got a defective pair or if it's thanks to the material but I'm really disappointed in these.  In reviews, everyone swore by these being the best pair of high waisted jeans out there right now and while I did buy mine on ebay, I'm just really shocked by how low quality these are.  The fit on my America Eagle pair is a little odd but they've held up excellent to high wear-age(is that even a word?  Probably not) and aside from some fading, are still in good shape.    I'll try to  patch these up again but I don't think I'll buy another pair to replace them, I'm just happy I didn't pay full retail.  Although if I had, I could probably return them and get another pair at this point.  (And I mean that, I've worn these a total of five times in the past two months and I've had to do as many patches by now.  If I'd bought these in a store, they would be returned by now.)
On the other hand, I've had this parka for two and a half years now and it's doing fabulously.  A little wear around the cuffs but that's mostly it.  I guess price doesn't always indicate quality.

2 comments:

  1. I never trust reviews. Most of the times they're very dodgy-sounding. It may be a defective pair, but I doubt it :-D The clothes I've bought mostly from crappy shops or second hand are the ones that are the sturdiest and the ones that I still wear years later.
    WIth that said, I freaking love your bad ass rocker outfit. You look like a sexy cat woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helllooooo my dream inner rocker girl. Haha, I swear, I have an uncontrollable draw towards everything grunge and edgy. This outfit is perfect. All black, high waisted jeans, hipster hat, and cool boots.
    Ah, but too bad about the jeans :/ That sucks! I have a pair on the way from Pacsun and fingers crossed they hold up okay...sigh.
    You never know!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)