Friday, December 26, 2014

Chillin'






Hat(thrifted)
AE Jacket
Old Navy Dress
Leather Belt (thrifted)
MOP-Onyx Necklace (gift)
Free People Bag (gift)
Jeffery Campbell Boots (ebay)

Today was pretty low key after the past week, we ate a late breakfast (mmm, beer pancakes!) and while Gunnar went on a Transformers Armada binge, Izzy and I made some cakes in her new Easy-Bake and Evan admired his new pile of firewood.  My dad gave him over a cord of really nice spruce firewood and Ev was pretty pumped up about that - we still need to make it out to the Two Rivers cut site to start working on our firewood for next winter so this was a sweet start to it.  We usually burn about four cords of wood during the winter which is pretty decent but we'd like to get a few years worth stocked up.  Right before my dad left home as a young guy him and his brother slit over 40 cords of wood for their mother so she'd have at least five years of wood stocked up and they did that in just a few weeks! (Granted, my dad is pretty badass.)  So we're really slacking compared to him but Ev was really happy and grateful to get that for a Christmas present. 
This bag was actually my present from Ev, I've been looking at it for so long and somehow he picked up on that and surprised me with it and wow, it's way prettier in person!  He's a sweetheart, that one.

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are just so snowy and gorgeous! I love it! Hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snowy photos and stunning outfit! The bag is amazing - what a sweetie your husband is. I love reading the stories of your life in Alaska. Here, I hear, some people also heat their homes with wood still, I wonder how much wood it takes to heat a house here compared to Alaska... :)

    Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving your wonderful comment - you really warmed my heart with your kind words! Happy New Year to you and your dear family! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lighting is so pretty in these photos! My dad in law uses a wood stove to heat his water and every year they have a wood chopping party. I always thought it would be neat to heat your entire house that way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)