Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Party Dress







Urban Outfitters Hat (By this point, I think I have it's cost per wear down to 50 cents)
Leather Jacket (thrifted - no label)
Free People Dress (ebay)
Jeffery Campbell Boots (ebay)
Pendleton Bag (consignment)

I just really like this dress.  I think it might be my party dress for this holiday season but all of the parties we go to are pretty informal.  Like, red sweater and clean Carhartts are considered party-wear.  That's totally okay because those are the best kin of parties to go to.

I was suppose to NSO this weekend at the Roller Derby Bout but as soon as I got there, everyone was like "Begone and take thy sickness with thee!"  (it was very eloquent.)  I've really been enjoying being a part of the Roller Derby up here, the league is run by the skaters so everyone really has to pitch in to make it a success.  I'm just fresh meat right now so I NSO at the Monday scrimmages and then go for the Wednesday night workout and meeting and then have practice on Thursday.  Our building we practice in flooded this week so we're out of commission for the time being, hopefully it's be fixed by next week.  I need to get more practice in, last week we were doing relays and I forgot what lap I was on, tried to turn around to tag my team member and fell right on my face!  That won't have been so bad but I. could. not. get. back. up.  It was like something from a Three Stooges skit, I just kept falling over and over and could not make it back up.  Talent, I got it in spades.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress and beautiful photos!

    And good luck with the roller derby; I'm a terrible skater so I've never tried, but it seems like fun. If a bit painful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floral print is really lovely! I adore the lighting in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this dress really is turning into one of those gem pieces in your closet, huh? It's always so beautifully worn everytime it's featured here. I love how it looks toughened up with a leather jacket!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: I always love when I see your comments - haha, thanks for the awesome replies and thoughtful opinions. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heeey, that's awesome that you can skate! Once I fell down so hard I almost broke a tooth and had huge blue bumps on my knees :D Love the dress, it's so shiny and special, I'd take you out to dinner! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)