Thursday, November 20, 2014

Country Meets City








Urban Outfitters Hat
Anne Klein Cashmere Sweater (thrifted)
Vintage Christian Dior Skirt (thrifted)
Dolce Vita Heels (ebay)
Herman Kay Wool Coat (thrifted)
Ecote Bag

So much for not taking pictures in public!  This is Downtown Fairbanks, one of these days I'll have to actually get pictures of the fountain and plaza and not just the clock tower and the courthouse.  (My dad years ago had to serve on jury duty and being a lifelong rural Alaskan, it blew him away that they wouldn't let him take his knife into the courthouse.  Most Alaskans carry a Swiss Army knife or something and it's mostly out of necessity.  You just never know when you'll need a knife so it can be a shock sometimes with the urban mindset that only thugs carry knifes and most people in the city  don't carry one.)

6 comments:

  1. You look fantastic in this outfit! I thought the skirt was gorgeous, then I red it's thrifted CD - what a score! Golden heels add just the right note, and as always - your images are true art.

    Loved the story about your Dad. I definitely can see how it was a shock to him. Rules are for a big crowd... My husband loves Swiss Army knives and has the whole little collection of them. I have a tiny one painted as a Russian nesting doll :) - one of a few such knives he gifted. We lost at least a couple of SA tiny knives (made for key chains) at airports and one at a large air show (they were taken at security). As you said, they are convenient to have (my little one has vary girly things in it, but it is still a sharp knife). And even more reason to have them in rural places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the somber tone of this outfit and then BAM the lips are bright red. Gorgeous. The vintage skirt is also breathtaking..... like really, what a print on that thing.

    My husband carried a knife around wherever he went. I really should, you know, statistically, but I would forget to change out my purses.

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helloooooo red lips! I love the impact a good shade of lipstick can make :)
    That midi length skirt gives off such a classy, vintage vibe that I adore. Especially with how you styled it!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all for being prepared, knife in my socks, pepper spray in the pockets, crossbow under the bed, is all good! :D
    Love this skirt to death, it's so fairy tale like! And the photos in the city are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me laugh so hard because we have two bows under the bed! We're working on getting our bow hunters' permits but its also a ton of fun.

      Delete
  5. Oooh I'd love to see more pictures of the city! This is a beautiful photoshoot, I looove those shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)