Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Don't Fear The Reaper






Free People Hat
BCBG Coat (consignment)
Free People Dress
Leather Belt (thrifted)
Ecote Boots
Cleobella Bag

I feel really excited that this dress is ending up being more wearable than I thought.  I didn't think it was going to be easy to winterize because it sort of has an awkward look during the summer but it ended up that it looks really cute with boots and tights. (Personally, I think it looks cuter than it did when I wore it this summer.)   I'm feeling pretty good about where my wardrobe is right now, it does have more than the 35-40 items that seems to be so popular with the current minimalist fad but everything is stuff I really like wearing and most stuff is wore fairly often.  I've been trying to be really good about saying no to stuff at the thrift stores that doesn't suit my style and now that I feel a little more focused on what I want my style to be, it's easier to do that.  (That expensive shift dress that's a great deal for $5?  No problem, it doesn't work with my closet, it can wait at the store a little longer for someone who needs it.) 

4 comments:

  1. Again that pretty dress and even styled to perfection! Love the light within your photographs and sorry for my bad english after a day of professional writing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this look on you, and the photography is amazing as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've placed on myself a shopping ban till the end of the year....hope I pull it through :D
    Love the dress styled in this Wintery fashion, the coat is extraordinary. Gosh, you Alaskans have magnificent views *_*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)