Friday, October 3, 2014

And Ahead


 

 
 



Urban Outfitters Hat
American Eagle Outfitters Jacket and Jeans
JCrew Sweater (thrifted)
Pendelton Bag (consignment)
Dirty Laundry Boots

I've been a little MIA this past week, we've been doing all of our winter preparation work - firewood, repairing the wood stove, cleaning and firing up the furnace, insulation, car work and winter tire switch out, man, the list seems like it goes on and on.  (The car repairs, will they ever end?  I'm begging to think I'm a curse or something.)   I did do one really awesome thing this week though, I made the local Roller Derby Team!  One of my friends has been in the league for years and has been trying to get me to try out and after a summer of pretty much just workworkwork, it seems like a lot of fun. (I'm an animal, I'll admit it.  Any sport that has possible full body contact and pain is perfect for me, I've managed to turn badminton into a blood sport before)  I'm really sore after the tryouts last night but they were so much fun and the group of ladies I tried out with are so awesomely cool that I'm really looking forward to practice.   I just need to think of a name now.  I've got loads of great band names - Gas Station Burritos, Sensitive Man-Horse, Pixilated Genitals - but not a single good Roller Derby name. 

And because I really feel like I need to mention it, it's really hard to look sexy and cool with a mouth guard.  You take it out to talk and it's just slobber city. 

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, that's so fantastic! Haha, the Roller Derby Team??
    I expect to see photos down the road :)
    Haha, love the mixed media jacket and fun print bag <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long has it taken to grown your hair out from the pixie crop? I've been watching your blog for a few months but it's been in growout mode all that time.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My last pixie cut was at the start of Febuary and since then I've just done little trims, aside from about a month ago when I had two inches cut off. It's taking a little while, I think the worst stage is when you're trying to get some length but it ends up just looking really mullet-ish. It's hard to stay away from the sissors on those days!

      Delete
  3. Roller derby sounds like a bunch of fun! Good luck with the rest of your winter preparations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)