Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wild Thing, You Make My Heart Sing






Wool Hat
Joie Silk blouse (thrifted)
Free People Skirt and Bag (gift)
Leather boots (thrifted)

I need to figure out a new way to get wrinkles out of silk blouses.  Most of mine I can't iron and my steamer broke a while back so I've mostly just been hanging them in the closet or in the bathroom while someone's taking a shower.  It does a "meh" job.   So many challenges, although I did finally learn how to fold fitted sheets so yay - one of life's great challenges crossed off my list! (Because according to all of the youtube videos, folding sheets is apparently the Jedi Master level of household chores.)
The guys had no luck with the caribou hunt out at FortyMile, the hunt was pushed way back this year and by the time they could hunt, the herd had moved through.  They headed out yesterday for a weeklong moose hunt so I'm really hoping they get a moose or two, we need that meat in the freezer. Especially since the fishing was pretty awful this year as well.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on mastering the fitted sheet! About half way through folding them I always get frustrated and end up balling them up and shoving them into the closet. Maybe one day I'll figure it out! These photos are pretty, I love the patch of red plants you found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could try using a damp press cloth with a low heat iron on your silk shirts, ironed inside out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea Sophia, i'm going to try that. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. i love that bag, I've been seeing it pop up on blogs all over, I might just have to get myself one :) I have yet to master folding a fitted sheet so it doesn't resemble a giant ball - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, sounds like a rough year hunting wise. Hope they bag a moose or two then!
    Anyway, a leopard maxi skirt??
    Oh my goodness...can we just swap wardrobes for a week or two?

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)