Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tough Call






Burberry Coat (thrifted)
Free People Dress
Ecote Suede Bag
Jeffery Campbell Boots

You know what's sad?  That I had to sit and think about buying this coat when I found it in the thrift store.  It fit me, was cheap because it just needed a small repair and it was authentic.   And I had to THINK about it.   In the end, I had a moment of sanity "I'll be so pissed at myself if I don't buy this" and too it home.  Almost five months later, I'm REALLY happy I had that moment of sanity and did buy it because I love it.    Looking back, I think it was just one of those days when you don't really feel like trying on clothes or buying anything, I was just at Value Village because the kids had a particular movie they were looking for and I just happened to know this out of the corner of my eye.   I did the same thing a few years ago and passed up on a Theory cashmere sweater dress that looked phenomenal just because I was in a "eh" mood.  

5 comments:

  1. Oh I've been in that mood plenty of times and passed up great pieces that I am kicking myself for right now. Glad you were able to come to your senses and buy it because it looks like a phenomenal coat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful combination and I like your bag with fringes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh God yes, so true! I saw a bag in an online second hand store not too long ago, I was like: "Meh...it's gorgeous and perfect, but I don't knoooowww..." and after a few days I went back to buy it and it was GONE! :( So sad! So yeah, totally can relate, glad you bought the jacket because it's amazing! Looks so cozy! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely understand that mood. I try to go thrifting on days where I'm feeling gung-ho about trying stuff on or making alterations to stuff. This coat was a great choice! It looks super comfy and warm and that dress you're wearing is adorable too.

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! That's the worst mood ever! I've had those several times, and after a few minutes of wandering around, I contemplate what's on my arm and whether I REALLY want to even try them on. Usually I just set them back down and walk out because I'm in such a "meh" mood. So glad you snapped out of it to nab this gorgeous coat!
    It's those pieces that haunt you that are the worst...

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)