Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Slow Burn






Urban Outfitters Hat
Free People Kimono
American Eagle Outfitters Blouse
Theory Shorts (thrifted)
Ecote Suede Bag
Jeffery Campbell Heels

So, this weekend we learned I should NEVER be sent to buy a keg.   (That's always a great idea, send the teetotaler to buy the keg, can't see anything going wrong with that.)  I got to the store, and because no one had requested anything, it was left to me to choose what to buy.  They didn't have my first choice and as I was trying to think of something everyone like, the clerk said they had Angry Orchid.  I love Angry Orchid apple cider, it's delicious!  I didn't really think about it and bought a full keg of it. 
It turns out even with a bunch of alcoholics, you can't drink more than a few cups of apple cider, it's just too sweet!   (Considering a few of the people we invited regularly drink 18 packs of beer a night, it's surprising how little they could take.)    Everyone was very disappointed in me and now we have three fourths of s keg of apple cider that no one wants to drink.  I personally think they're just not trying hard enough.      My fail aside, my brother's b-day was a bunch of fun and Ev had his b-day a few days after.  We tried to pawn more of the cider off on people but nooo, no dice there.  (I did get him some old Scotch for his birthday.  Scotch is one of the few things I do like to drink and it's really hard to beat the old stuff.  Burns soooo good.  When we first got married I got him a bottle of 18yr Glen and that stuff was killer.)    

3 comments:

  1. Ooh man, me and my husband can throw back some angry orchard, we'll come finish it for you! Haha. I love how the colors of your kimono matches the color of the changing leaves, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha, oh my word, that's so hilarious xD Really people? They can't down more Angry Orchards?? Send it over!!
    Anyway, looooove the gorgeous fall colors going on here. And once again, a stunning kimono!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I wish I could take a walk with you in those woods...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)