Monday, September 8, 2014

Sun Drenched






Urban Outfitters Hat
Ecote Bag
French Connection Jacket
Tee (I bought it at Sears about ten years ago and the label has worn away since)
7FAM Jeans (consignment)
Seychelles Boots
Old Navy Necklace (gift)

Well, that's a lotta black for one outfit!  I know a lot of the current style mantras are to "embrace" color and while that's something I did quite a bit when I started blogging, black is what I gravitate towards now.  It's not that I don't like orange or purple (although I do have a loathing for chartreuse - what IS That color?  Neon baby puke/poop?) but I do like how easy black is.  I like crazy pieces like this French Connection jacket and by wearing black jeans the crazy feels comfortable.  Or maybe it's just the whole basics thing - you have the right basics and it's just a lot easier to put outfits together in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. It's funny, because I feel like I've gone exactly the same way. All I wear anymore is black and white and a combination of those two. There's something about pretty neutrals that just get to me now - and the darker the better :P
    SO, I LOVE THIS OUTFIT. Just like I love all of yours lately. Knock it off. I can't keep my list of favorites straight anymore. ;)
    Aha, and thanks for the lovely comments Katie. You'd be right about the certain person I talked about last time...sigh. It's sad, but I can understand his hurt pride I suppose. Rejection is a bitter pill to swallow. It's just that i thought our whole interaction was based on a genuine friendship.
    Bleh. Ah well, I DO have an awesome circle of girl friends, and maybe some day I'll find a dude who's honest to goodness cool with just being friends :P I used to have those in high school, and they were the best!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love that look, the dark colors are great with your jacket!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)