Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Of The Garden Variety

 







 Skirt c/o Kiddo TV


I don't do a lot of work with sponsors because it feels really awkward to accept items and then give an honest review.  However, I do enjoy working with smaller shops and Megan from the blog Garden Variety opened an etsy shop, Kiddo TV, a while back selling vintage.  She has a killer eye for interesting garments and stocks quite a bit of 70s, 80s and 90s clothing.   She offered to send me an item and after browsing through, I picked out the skirt.  I knew it would be easy to work into my wardrobe and this is just a few ways I've worn it since receiving it.  Also, her shipping is crazy fast!  As an Alaskan, I'm pretty use to shipping costs being astronomical  and taking weeks to arrive.  Not with Megan though!  This skirt arrived in just a few days and being someone who likes fast shipping, this makes me want to order from her shop based on just that. 

I do a lot of my shopping through ebay and one of my biggest beefs is sellers not giving detailed descriptions, measurements or taking dark, low quality pictures.   Megan does a great job of writing out descriptions of the clothing, complete with accurate measurements and her photos make it easy to see what the clothing actually looks like.  Her prices are also pretty reasonable, with how expensive thrift stores have gotten, it's worth the extra few dollars to not have to dig through the racks full of F21 and Target clothes to find the actual vintage. Plus, Megan does a great job of stocking really different garments, I've never seen anything like the Egyptian Skirt she has currently and the Horse shirt is adorable!

So - Fast shipping, different vintage clothing, good prices and easy to see what you're ordering.   I think Megan's done a great job of setting up a shop that offers a great shopping experience and has a different selection of vintage than the usual 50s shirtdresses.   She also works hard and has a five star rating with many sales and satisfied customers so you don't have to just take my word for it that she's awesome.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I can't even describe how much I LOVE that first outfit with the skirt. I absolutely love it and would wear everything you've got on in a heartbeat <3
    Great choice in working with Megan, she certainly seems to know her stuff! Glad it worked out :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that skirt is a killer. love how you layered it with the fp slip xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is great, I really like the pattern! I also love the hazy mysterious feel to these photos, they're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the ways you styled it, thanks again! :)

    Megan
    Http://www.garden-variety.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)