Saturday, September 27, 2014

Northern Exposure







 
Urban Outfitters Hat
AE Necklace
Shirt (thrifted)
Free People Skirt
Ecote Suede Bag
Leather Boots c/o H&M
 
This skirt is one of my very favorites, it's just at the perfect length for me and it's a far better version of my leopard maxi from Sears. (I've had that dress since the start of the blog and it had so many thing right with it but the high/low skirt just ruined it for me.)  The only problem with this skirt is that the slits on the sides are SO high, it's literally every time I'd walk, bam!  Butt cheek.  I'm not really into that so I stitched the side tighter another eight inches and it's so much better now.   It's nice being able to make small alterations because sometimes a few stitched is the difference between keeping and wearing a garment vs sending it back.
 


6 comments:

  1. The skirt is perfection and so is your whole outfit. love every detail of it and the necklace and bag are killers, too

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt is gorgeous, and you look amazing i it! I found your blog via lovely Hippy At Heart just yesterday. You have a very unique sense of style, your very own, I love the mix of boho/hippy/western/American pioneer - that's my interpretation anyway, - and your photographer is GREAT! I was also intrigued by your living in Alaska - I am originally from Siberia, and your surroundings are very similar to my homeland in many ways. I know what you mean by snowing in September. :)

    I am a fan of Northern Exposure too, which by the way was filmed a couple hours away from where I live. It's nice ti meet you! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, haha, those are some high slits! I love how you alter your clothes so effortlessly to make them work. This skirt is definitely a keeper too, it's gorgeous <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. This skirt is so cool and looks wonderful on you! I love the leather jacket paired with it too. Everything here looks fantastic together!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it outfit! The skirt is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)