Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Sound of Silance




Free People Hat
Lace Shirt turned Kimono (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Dress and Crochet Bag
Old Navy Shorts (last year)
Minnetonka Leather Sandals (thrifted)

Ev and I have both had the opportunity to pick up a lot of overtime this summer and with the costs involved with building a house, we've been trying to work as much as possible and stockpile money. It's  great to be money but we've also been trying to make sure we don't just get caught up in "work" and try to make time to do some fun things as well.  Those fun things are mostly kid related, we went to the beach again, took the kids to see the new TMNT movie (which was sold out the first time we tried to see it and it has been packed for every showing since then) and I took the kids tonight to a pj story time at the local library.  My parents were always really great about working hard but still making time to do fun things for us and it's something that as a parent now, it gives me so much respect and love for them that they did that.  I want to do the same for my kids and besides, I usually would rather laugh through a funny kid movie with them and Ev than just go home and veg out.  

This is what I wore to see Turtles, it was fun to go watch it with the kids because my brothers and I loved the cartoon as kids and since then have watched every version that's come along.  My brothers still sit down with Gunnar and Izzy and watch the Turtles cartoons with them!  It was an okay movie, way better than Transformers because ya know, it didn't go on for THREE HOURS. (I'm pretty sure I feel asleep at some point during the movie that never ended.  Same with the newer Hobbit movie, whoa - that was one long, boring movie.   I hates it, I hates it, I hates the bastardizing that Peter Jackson has done to my favorite book!)

4 comments:

  1. You saw the new TMNT movie!? Ahhh, I'm so curious to check it out...
    I love what you wore to go check it out. Mmmm, nothing like a sweet boho outfit to get inspiration flowing <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't tell you how much I love this look! The lace and crochet is stunning and I love the white details of the dress!

    HIPPY AT HEART ///

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I still haven't sat through any of the Transformers movies. Just not that interested and 3 hour long movies have to at least be interesting to me! I'm glad you guys got out to do something fun. It takes so much effort to actually plan to go do something when you're busy with other things. I can't even imagine how much harder it'd be with kids.

    Also you look awesome in this outfit. I really love your lace kimono.

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)