Sunday, August 3, 2014

It Came Crashing Down






Hat (thrifted)
Gap Shirt (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Jeans
Madden Girl Boots
Fossil Bag (thrifted)

We went to the Tanana state Fair Saturday and lucked out with the rain clearing up, the kids were a little bummed about that because I'd just bought them new rain boots and umbrellas and what's the point of having umbrellas if it's not raining? (Answer - to beat each other with.  Duh.)  We ate lots of food, saw the animals and went on rides so you know, standard fair stuff.  Gunnar and I both like the fast rides so we had fun on the little roller coaster and tea cups together but boy, I almost hurled on the spinning apples ride.  I can't even spin in a circle without feeling sick and years ago threw up inside of the Gravitron (it was gross and embarrassing) and those apples just about did me in.
It is nice now that the kids are a little older we don't have to pack the stroller or a bazillion and one items, we just need a backpack with coats and water and we're good.   It's fun to see how much they've grown up and how much they enjoy things like the fair now as opposed to when they were little babies and probably didn't really care.  Now the fair is something they look forward to all year and they get a lot of enjoyment out of it which is kinda what it's all about.

3 comments:

  1. Aaw, I can imagine what a fun time it must be for the kiddies and you. I love Fairs, I'll never get old for them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that sounds like a fun time! I hear ya on the nauseous part, I think I got dizzy from riding the carousel last time.. Haha I've never felt so lame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice going to a public event like that without needing a diaper bag or a stroller! When Lilah was a little baby I would carry her around in a sling all the time, but after a while my back hurt like crazy.

    In all my years of living in Fairbanks, I never once went to that fair. We even lived right next to it! My ex's dad would do a "park and pay" in the lot he owned. You know, Aurora Motel next to Mr. Rock N' Roll? We lived in that spot and it was always super loud year round, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)