Monday, August 4, 2014

Down To The Riptide









Free People Hat
Free People Kimono (ebay - on sale for $19.99)
American Eagle Outfitters Dress
Jeffery Campbell Heels (ebay)
Burlap Bag (thrifted)

On the website, this hat is such an awesome color, kinda a mustard brown and looks really sharp.  In person, it's a strange, olive, baby food green and I pretty much loathed it as soon and I opened the box.  Talk about misrepresentation!  Buuuut then I wore it and now I pretty much love it.  Lucky for Free People I'm so fickle. (I don't know how to describe this color, it's so strange.  Maybe a drab chartreuse? Either way, it actually works with the color scheme in my closet.)  I don't really know why I don't wear this dress in the summer very often, it's apparently a magic dress because it managed to make me look taller, slimmer and the boobs better!  Priorities....  I know, I'm a bad person because I'll take all of the above but it is nice sometimes to wear something that the husband appreciates.

Speaking of the husband, Ev took these pictures.  I usually take my own with a self timer (because I hate using a remote) but he offered that evening and sometimes it's fun to have someone else do it.  He makes fun of me through the whole thing though, mocking my serious, angry model face and then I can't stop laughing and it's all derp faces from there on out.

7 comments:

  1. So nice to know you're still here :) Didn't know you don't have internet at home! Love your looks, the kimono is amazing!

    HIPPY AT HEART ///

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I always get made fun of when I have someone else take my pictures. But I don't mind :p Beautiful outfit, btw! Are those mountains or super pointy clouds in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "angry model faces" bahaha, I've given up on those, because they never turn out flattering on me. Sigh. But you do them quite well! Probably because you resemble a model :P
    Haha, and ermygerrsssh, stop being so perfectly stylish and making me want EVERYTHING YOU WEAR!!!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I actually dislike having my pictures taken for me, but it can be so nice to not have to go back and forth to the self-timer on the tripod. I would like to invest in a remote someday, but for now it's 10 seconds or bust!

    I really enjoy your summer outfit photos. They are very ethereal and it's so pleasant to see the Fairbanks summer again. Anchorage is nice, but there is something pretty magical about interior Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your evan is awesome, but then again so is his wife. complete & utter loveliness on the pics & outfit combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)