Monday, July 14, 2014

Wheel In The Sky








Hat (thrifted and altered)
American Eagle Outfitters Jacket and Crop Top
Free People Dress
Leather Bag (thrifted)
Jeffery Campbell Heels

It's still so light out at midnight, it's wonderful!  I'm one of those people who can sleep no matter what so the midnight sun doesn't affect my sleeping patterns, I just enjoy it always being so bright out. (And it's nice for taking pictures, I actually have time to get home, take a shower and get cleaned up and then put on cute clothes.  And it's warm, bonus points!)

This dress is a little trickier to wear than I'd originally realized, the back is cut so low that I have to wear a crop top under it no matter what - going braless really ins't an option! (Ugh, there would be some crazy side boobing going on.)  Camis look pretty silly under it and the dress doesn't really lend itself to being layered under sweaters.   To sum it up, I should have thought about this dress more before I bought it.  I did wait for three months but it was sooo pretty I let myself get lured in, ignoring the fact that it is not the most versatile.  

I'm kinda happy though, it is pretty and I suppose it's not a bad thing to have one impractical dress as long as it's not a closet full of them.


5 comments:

  1. I can sleep no matter what the lighting situation is too. It's a great trait to have! I can't imagine it being light outside at midnight though! These pictures turned out so pretty. I love the lighting and this dress is gorgeous on you.

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the back is beautiful even if it is hard to figure out how to wear it! I love that you take your pics at midnight yet it is light out....

    ReplyDelete
  3. journey song reference. i once worked at a pizza place with these guys who went to high school in san francisco area during the 70's they tried to tell me journey played at their school dance that song or something. anyway that dress is gorgeous! definitely swoon worthy. i see how you fell for it. the pics of you you showing the back, & in the flowers are beyond lovely. total admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I really like the first picture. Your bra? under the dress looks really cool :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)