Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Plain White Tees





Hat (thrifted and altered)
French connection Embellished Jacket (Saks off 5th)
American Eagle Outfitters Tee and Horn Necklace
Areopstale Waxed Jeans
Woven Bag (thrifted)
Rag and Bone Harrow Boots (ebay)

The mosquitoes were really out this evening, they'll little but fast this year and I think they drank about a gallon of blood by the time I was done taking pictures. (A whole two and a half minutes.)  You can tell how much fun I was having by the delighted look on my face.

I think it's time to find a new white tee, this one from American Eagle (last year) hasn't held up so well and is starting to pill isn't hanging very nicely.  I don't really want to spend a ton on a white tee shirt just because they just don't have a really long shelf life but at the same time, I don't like buying super cheap ones that pill after one washing.  Old Navy use to make really killer tee shirts about five years ago, they'd last for just about forever and I don't remember them pilling.  The quality has gone pretty down hill since then, I bought a grey one last year and it started pilling after the first wear.  And don't get me started on the necklines!  They use to do a really nice, shallow v-neck that was perfect, now the v-necks reach down to my navel.  Dudes have it made, their tee shirts are nice and thick, usually cheap and the v-necks are perfect.  I suppose that means I should just buy a men's shirt and be done with it all because I'm also sick of flowers, sparkles and ruffles all over the women's tees.  I don't really want to look like a rainbow threw up on me. (I realize the irony of saying that and then wearing this jacket.)  


5 comments:

  1. That jacket is a killer. Your outfit looks like something from Isabel Marant. Very lovely and bohemian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My white tee shirts never seem to last very long either! I love your jeans, I've been wanting to get some that color for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, what's with the crazily big V-necks these days? I need to wear a camisole under every V-neck tee I own.
    I've seen a lot of bloggers who like everlane tees - haven't tried them, but that might be a brand to consider.
    That jacket is out-of-this-world gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This entire outfit goes together so well! It's very harmonious. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)