Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Break Out






Free People Slip (ebay)
Free People Skirt
Faux Leather Jacket (thrifted - no label_
Woven Bag (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Necklace
Old Navy Boots (four years old but they have similar styles now)

I'm a pretty die hard white dress fan but I realized I don't have very much by ways of a plain-ish black dress.  I really want something light and floaty for summer and after finding this one on the Free People website, I was able to find it for way cheaper on ebay.  (Of course, right after that I found the perfect black dress at American Eagle.  Nice job Katie.)

Ive been doing a lot of fill and landscaping at one of my jobs lately and it's been nice to come home, shower and put on a light dress after being in filthy work clothes and hot boots all day.  I haven't been very good about pictures though, I need to start sucking it up and get out a little bit more. (Even though it's just really nice to go mess around with the horses and work in the garden after work.  I've been doing a lot of lounge-rope work with Merryleggs lately, he got kind of spoiled from having so much of the winter off and I want to get him really chill for Izzy when she rides.  Poor Dollar has been neglected but I did hop up on his back last night, no halter or saddle and just rode him around the pasture.  He's a pretty minimalist guy, the less gear on him the happier he is.)

5 comments:

  1. great dress...do love the hat...you're right...nothing like putting on a nice dress and going for a stroll.

    To me your pics always look great btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT DRESS.

    And I understand about the need to dress up after working all day. I work with kids, and I have to wear a plain t-shirt as my uniform. I literally cannot wait to come home every day and take off that damn shirt and put on real clothes.

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you look AWESOME!
    Again.
    Haha, you always look good, and I love your summer style. This dress is gorgeous, and I love it mixed with the brown tones!
    Ah yes, and after a work day, it always feels so good to get gussied up. Haha, that or just lounge around in comfy clothes...depends on the mood :b

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love outfits that skillfully mix neutrals and this is definitely one of them! I love how your brown jacket looks with your cute black dress. There are some great textures and accessories in this outfit too!

    petitepanoply.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)