Thursday, May 22, 2014

Evening Daze






Kimono from Fred Meyers
Yellow is Gold Silk Dress (thrifted)
H&M Leather Boots c/o H&M

We finally have running water again!  Let me tell you, after half a winter of no water it's a serious luxury to turn on the tap and have water come out. And hot showers!  Ooooh, I missed those!  Bull diving isn't bad but it's nothing on a nice, long, hot shower.   Not to mention that it's suddenly a lot more fun doing dishes and not quite the chore it was before with heating up water and everything.
Because the underground pipe between our house and the well house had frozen up and then broken (it's hadn't been buried deep enough of insulated by the previous owner) the septic ended up freezing as well and while we fixed the septic last week the ground just finally thawed out enough for us to start digging down this week.  It was a lot of work but hopefully now next winter it won't freeze up again.  The good thing is that Ev and I are starting to get pretty decent at this whole plumbing thing but now we need to go through and fix some of the wiring so it's a never ending chore. (A happy one though, it's cool to be able to fix stuff around our own house.)

 So running water - most awesome thing ever.  It totally beats out cheesecake.



5 comments:

  1. So pretty, the light in the first two pictures is just perfect <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, you! long time no see... again :D but I'm glad you guys we're able to fix your pipes. and I sure hope the next time will not come because it will stay in perfect order.
    when it comes to your outfit I love it!!! that kimono is just absolutely perfect layered over your silk dress. and the booties are awesome too. what's not to love, hehe.
    take care and enjoy the weekend, Katie!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I don't know how I would have survived a winter without water O_O Glad you've got hot showers now :D
    And look at you, all bare legged and gorgeous! I love your hew hair color! The kimono is a wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. having no running water sounds really, really rough, I'd be pretty excited about getting it back too! lovely outfit, very boho-chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude...I'm so obsessed with this outfit. The fringed kimono man, it gets me everytime *_*
    Aha, and right!? Running water is a luxury. Most of my family in the Philippines live without it all their lives. Really makes you treasure it, huh?

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)