Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Back In The Saddle





Hat c/o H&M
Icing Vest (christmas gift)
Free People Dress
DV Dolce Vite Heels
Leather Bag (thrifted)

These pictures were taken about a month ago, back during Easter Ev broke my camera.  He was taking pictures of the kids and stumbled, dropping the camera.  I had a crazy bitch moment in my head and then tried to chill out and be okay about it before I manged to say anything evil. Accidents happen and stuff like a camera getting broken really isn't worth losing your  cookies or acting like a complete jerk to your spouse who already feels pretty bad. Water under the bridge or something like that, a camera just isn't that important.

It ended up unfortunately being a pretty costly repair but I'm suppose to get it back on Friday and I'm so excited, I missed it! I did try to take picture with a spare digital but ugh, they were awful.  I know it's the photographer and not the camera that makes the pictures so I suppose that means I have a LONG way to go but I've gotten so use to being able to be in control of all the settings that only being able to adjust a few really screwed with me.  I ended up not taking pictures for almost a month and while that's been nice for recharging, I missed my camera.  (And now the snow is gone and everything is pretty so you know, it's fun taking pictures again.)

The good thing about not taking pictures for a month made me realize my closet is what I actually enjoy wearing, that I don't get dressed up just for the blog.  I still wore my pretty dresses (I've worn this one a few times since then because it's so beautiful in person) and I still wore a lot of black jeans although I've been able to switch to summer shoes now that all of that snow has finally melted.  It makes me happy that my closet is finally getting streamlined, it's been a work in progress for the better part of a year and there's still a little ways to go. (I'm a slow learner I guess.)

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful look. I love your dress!!
    www.lesley-kim.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you're back!
    Oh man, I would totally have freaked out if that had happened to my camera...way to chill out though. Good self control. Aha, I don't think I could've done it.
    Anyway, glad you're getting your camera back and have been enjoying your closet! I'm excited to see more summery shoots from you!
    These sandals are way cool by the way, the studs and straps are what I'm digging <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to have you back! Really great thet the break made you realize you do have a fab wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)