Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Place InThe World






Silk Scarf (thrifted)
Old Navy Jacket (four years old at this point)
Banana Republic Silk Blouse (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Jeans
Leather Boots (thrifted)
Marc by Marc Jacobs Bag (consigment)

Since I talked about buying regrets last post, I thought I'd show another bag that was an impulse buy.  I bought it last October, again with consignment credit, because it fit the mold of what I thought I was looking for.  I wanted a purple shoulder bag that was big enough to carry my laptop, juice boxes, baggies of cherrios and markers because I felt I had too many brown bags and needed that "pop of color!" that you're suppose to have in your outfits. (I feel proud as mom that I've downgraded from the duffle bag sized purse to a more moderately sized bag for all of the kid paraphernalia I end up toting around.  It's awesome that they have usable pockets on their clothes now, they can put all of the sticky gummies in there! Although they still put the used tissues in my bag...)  

I haven't worn this bag in quite a while and I feel bad about it just sitting in the closet, I decided to see if I can get some wear out of it this month and if I don't use it, I'll just consign it again.  I don't want to have useless items in my closet and currently that's where this bag is at.

The title is a tribute to Mary Chaplin Carpenter who growing up was one of my favorite singers, she just recently released a new album after a bijillion years of silence.  And exaggeration yes, but the crazy amount of bro-country in the genre has made me desperate for anything that's not about jacked up trucks, nameless bimbos with long legs, blasting the radio and being  an all around douche bag.  Bro Country, how I hate thee.


1 comment:

  1. Bro Country...hehe, oh how we share this same hatred...sigh.
    Anyway, I know how you feel about trying to get more use out of items...I keep rethinking whether I should hold onto something and try using it more just so I keep it. Haha, it'd be a shame to let such a pretty bag go.
    Ah well, you're better at cleaning out your closet than me! You go girl!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)