Monday, March 10, 2014

Walk The Line





Wool Sweater (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Tank
Free People Skirt (thrifted)
Leggings
Fergie Boots (Gift)
Hat c/o H&M

Yeah, I wear these boots a lot.  Either that means they really are as comfty as I keep saying or I'm stuck in a rut.  It might not help that everyone and their brother is advertising sandals and floaty sundress and there's still three and a half feet of snow on the ground.

Ahem, all of that aside, it was nice enough to run around in just this cardigan.  I found this skirt last month and it's a pretty good dupe of a Maje skirt from 2012 that I've had no luck finding. The pattern is actually embroidered on and the stitching is nice enough that I've washed it a few times without any of the threads coming loose.  (Not that I could complain if it did, it was only $3.)  I've been trying really hard to only add items into my closet that work with what I already have and while that can be hard for me because I like standout stuff(basics for some reason are never as interesting) this skirt does a pretty good job of being versatile.   It's been a little hard adding in skirts after the closet cleaning because I'm not really a serious pencil skirt wearer but it seems like a lot of the skirts out there right now that aren't "work" skirts are overly twee in appearance. (I say that and then wear this hipster-y outfit.  Nice job there Katie!)  

And I'm sorry about the pony hair on the sweater, at least it's not pony drool.

5 comments:

  1. Haha, agreed, basics are really tough for me to stock up on because I keep thinking "I could spend this money on a really standout skirt or jacket instead..."
    But they're necessary, yes?
    Anyway, love this emerald green cardigan! That color is just so lovely

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next, build an outfit around pony drool. I believe in you! Hehe :D I also find basics really boring to shop for, but like, I neeed them for outfits! ugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about buying basics! Then I will get dressed and wish I had a basic tank top to go underneath a sheer standout shirt. Problem solving a wardrobe can be fun, though!

    I really really like your outfit here! The colors are so warm and inviting. (Not in a creepy way, though!) You don't look like a hipster at all... you look like a Katie to me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is fantastic! I really need to clean out my closet again. But yeah, I do like standout pieces too, even though basics really are necessary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)