Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hot Beer, Cold Food, Lousy Service






 Coat (Very old at this point)
Old Navy Shirt
American Vintage Nine West Pants
Doc Martens (thrifted)
Fossil Bag (thrifted)
Shell Pendant (handmade)

Today I was chased into the outhouse by a moose.  I was outside, taking pictures and all of the sudden he blasted across the pond, I squealed and dashed into the outhouse.

We've had a moose handing around our property for the past week, he's being bedding down on the other side of our pond and eating all of the trees and he hasn't been much of a nuisance until now.   I could see him hanging out over in the far treeline but because he was a ways away I figured it'd be okay to take some pictures near the house.   I think he was curious because he wasn't aggressive and he was pretty interested in the tripod but still.  That jerk.   We don't even charge him rent and he pulls a stunt like this. (Maybe he just hates fashion bloggers.)  I think he's dog food now though, he wandered off towards the dog lot that's down the road from us, we heard the dogs all start to howl and then two shots went off.  We haven't seen him since then so it's not looking good for him.

Anyways, when you see a moose high tailing it towards you, you get out of the way.  Being moose stomped is no fun.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe you got chased by a moose! I'm glad you escaped safely! Sounds like he wasn't so lucky. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness. I can't believe you got chased by a moose! How scary! I am sad he'd dog food now though, even if he was a jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, when I read the title I thought "Hmmm, perhaps they had a bad dinner date?"
    And then that last photo...ahaha, perfect.
    So glad you didn't get moose stomped! That sounds scary!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, moose are fine at a distance. If I ever see them close by I just head the other direction! My fiance got chased by a male moose with a gigantic rack right outside his work a few months ago. It was right next to a major intersection in the middle of the city, so it's like... why are you here, Mr. Moose?!

    Aside from the moose, I think you look very lovely here! You layer so well, but that comes with living where you live, you have to learn to be efficient at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I love your Alaskan adventures :D "got chased by a moose, but still looking fashionable"...lol :D
    Btw, love the cute beanie and hooded jacket!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)