Friday, March 14, 2014

Coats Not Required






Hat c/o H&M
J.Crew Coat (thrifted)
Sweater (thrifted)
French Connection for Sears Blouse
Almost Time Jeans (thrifted)
Vince Camuto Leopard Print Boots
Leather Satchel (gift)

I was at work today and just dying of over heating.  This sweater is really thin and the blouse underneath is a light cotton tank so it's not like I was wearing a lot but after just a half house, I had to open the windows and the door.  I was standing in the door way trying to cool down and some of the guests came down, bundled up in Arctic Parkas(they're the same parkas the oilfield workers wear on the North Slope so they're good to -80 below zero) coats under the parkas, insulated bibs and big heaving snow boots.   It was kinda silly, me dying of heat in a light sweater and them in their winter gear. (I almost got heat stroke from looking at them)  It ended up being 52 degrees that day and after work I went home and hauled firewood after changing into a tee shirt.  

Anyways, the funny thing about the whole story is one of the guests who was all bundled up was the same guest the night before kept telling us how tough he was and how he would regularly walk 6 miles in a tee shirt in -45 below zero. (In Indiana.  Please laugh with me over this, isn't this the same state that mayor was from that issued the press release when it hit -10 below zero saying "don't go outside, DEATH will occur!")  

6 comments:

  1. I know you guys were laughing at the Midwest when we canceled our lives for two days when it the windchill was -50 :-) As you very well should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this makes me laugh a lot because I would totally be one of the guests. I cannot handle actual legitimate cold weather at all. I swear, you really do build up resistance based on where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, oh wow, that's too funny! Although yeah, I'd be one of those guests too. I'm such a wimp :P
    Love the bold red coat and your leopard heels though <3 Such bold, classy pieces!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: Thanks for your comment on my traveling post! I'd thought about studying abroad, although from what I've found, there's no way I could afford the traveling part AND school :'( Although if you do know of any programs that might help, don't hesitate to send them over to me!

      Delete
  4. Oh gosh. I could NOT handle your weather. Or at least I'd need a lot of training. I love that this outfit is simple but has interesting textures and color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely know what you mean! Most of the time I dread wearing long sleeved shirts that I can't layer because I might overheat. And it's maybe 30 degrees outside. Cold resistance is just one of those things that occurs when you've lived in cold weather for so long. Then summer comes and we become weenies again temporarily lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)