Monday, March 24, 2014

Burn It Up






Leather Jacket (thrifted)
Sweater (thrifted)
Vintage Christian Dior Skirt (thrifted)
Report Leather Boots (thrifted)

It has been quite a while since I ore this vintage Christian Dior skirt, mostly because I had no idea how to incorporate it into my style or wardrobe.   Last time I wore it with heels and a denim shirt and it was sorta okay but not really good.  I've been cleaning out my closet and this skirt has just been sitting to the side, I haven't been able to bring myself to toss it but I could not think of how style it.  Last week I was getting ready to take some closet to the thrift store so I tried to see if I could come up with any ideas for wearing it or in the bag it was going.  I'm not really sure what my roadblock was, as long as I didn't pair the skirt with anything too sweet it was fine.   Isuppose I'll hang onto it a little longer.

I've been reading about filters for camera lens and while I haven't ordered any yet, I did play around with a make-shift one to see if I'd like the look.  (I was lazy, I just taped my sunglasses over my camera.  It probably was very un-cool.)   I do want to try some new things out photography wise so I'm thinking I might end up getting a few.  The Vic made an appearance, she's not very cool as well but hey, her being a former cop car means people don't tailgate me.

4 comments:

  1. Whoa, the filters look so cool! I feel like you're in a hot desert or something. You did well with the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, so the warmth in those first few photos was from your sunglasses? Haha, awesome makeshift way to change the tint!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, Katie! I have totally missed you!
    anyway, your "filter" is pretty cool I have to say, slightly old school for my eyes. but the original light is beautiful too, very crisp and clear. oh and I love your hair! this style looks absolutely perfect on you. and the outfit is stunning as well. honestly, every piece goes perfectly with the others, and the skirt is fabulous! a totally awesome look!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome styling on the skirt. i like how you mixed the soft feminine with eh tough jacket.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)