Saturday, March 15, 2014

And Men Say We Drive Bad






Hat c/o H&M
Scarf (gift)
J.Crew Coat (thrifted)
Sanctuary Sweater (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Jeans
Leather Boats (thrifted)
Leather Satchel (gift)

Don't you hate it when some random tree gets right into the middle of your pictures?  Id call it a stupid tree but it does provide oxygen...

It's been so warm lately that the roads have been crazy slick, especially the hill coming down into the flats on Nordale.  The past few days driving to work I've had four people go into the ditch right in front of me.  It's hard to see how slick it's getting and by late afternoon the ice has water on top of it and everyone just hauls butt down the hill.  It is kinda funny that every since one, expect for a U-Haul, has been a Jeep.   Ugh, I hate Jeeps so much, the two that we've owned have been the most terrifying things to drive, they get so squirrely on the ice and even just a little snow causes problems.  One friend like to talk about the time he was driving near Summit Lake and his Jeep started spinning on the ice and rather than go right into the lake, he flipped it on its side and slid into a snow berm.   (I don't really think there's words for that but I do suppose that I'd rather slid on the side than go into THAT lake.  It's deep and it's cold and that's just all kinds of scary.)

5 comments:

  1. I love these sunny photos in the snow! Your red coat is perfect, and reminds me of A from Pretty Little Liars...hehe
    Eek, sounds like the roads are terrible! Drive safely, and stay away from Jeeps :P

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep that's driving in Alaska for you. Frightening as fuck! My sister lost a headlight yesterday because she slid into the back of a truck. The truck got no damage whatsoever on their bumper and just shrugged it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also it's nice seeing your face from straight on + you are doing magical things in that hat and coat.

      Delete
  3. Yikes, remind me not to drive a Jeep! I still love that scarf and your forest :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)