Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Walking Man's Road







Banana Republic Coat (thrifted)
Wool Sweater (thrifted)
Isabel Marant for H&M Scarf c/o H&M
Leather Bag (thrifted)
JBrand Jodhpurs (ebay)
Fergie Boots (Christmas gift)

I drove past this road the other day and thought "huh, that looks really pretty with the sun coming through the birch trees" so I ended up going back after work for pictures.  This seems to be how it's going for most of my picture locations lately.  I suppose that's good that I'm branching out from my usual spots, it helps that the sunlight is around for a little longer now.

I'm almost finished with cleaning out my closet.  I've been working on it for the past month, getting rid of stuff that I just don't wear and trying to par it down into something that's coherent.  I have a bunch of stuff to donate or give away now and I feel so much better about it not being such a cluttered mess!    The biggest problem I've noticed it that my impulse buys tend to be bad, something at the thrift store or Old Navy that catches my eye and ends up not working.  I do better over purchases I have to think about and I tend to wear my more expensive items over and over because I thought about them and love them.  I also talked about being better about supporting ethical companies and it really makes me mad at myself that I still buy stuff From Old Navy.  It's usually an impulse buy that I see when I'm buying kids clothes and I usually return it but still.  It's something I need to work on more.   I've gotten better about saving up for nicer things and when I'm saving up for something I tend to  not buy anything so I think I need to work on just not looking when I go into stores like that.    I also just got my closet to where Id like it so I'm not really feeling like I need to add too much to it.

6 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to shop more on ebay. I just bought a shirt I've been wanting for over a year since I finally found it at a reasonable price on ebay! It's just a J. Crew shirt but it's one I've been thinking about for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The locations you pick are always fabulous! Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've been doing so good working on your closet Kati, I've noticed a difference since I started following your blog. Keep it up!
    And nice spot, you definitely found a good new location :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about your shopping/curating process. It's very inspiring to me, to be careful and pay attention to things like quality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem. And I'm currently trying very hard to buy only things that are super incredible and one of a kind, and not stuff that just catch my eyes.
    I love this creamy knitted sweater and the hat, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)