Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Dark Escape










Forever 21 Jacket (thrifted)
Anne Klein Cashmere Sweater (thrifted)
Anthropologie Dress (thrifted)
Cow Pendant(thrifted)
Old Navy Waxed Jeans
Doc Martens (gift)

I love night photography, it's challenging and when you get a good picture it's an amazing feeling.  It's a little frustrating this time around because Blogger did something odd to the photos when I uploaded them and some of the photos were flattened out or blurred.  I don't do any editing after taking photos aside from cropping and re-sizing so I like these pictures but I don't like that Blogger killed the quality of them.  Bad Blogger, bad. (Although you are free so I shouldn't complain too much.)


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, especially the first one. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hate handling photos through Blogger for the quality and formatting woes. I host my photos on Flickr instead even though having to take the extra step is annoying.

    Your photos do still look great to me, though! I love the midnight mood

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, Blogger messes up my photo quality too sometimes :/
    But hey, free platform!
    Anyway, awesome night photography, I always love seeing your work Katie :) These photos are perfectly eery and mysterious. LOVE!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a post about that problem, as I was having the same issue. :D People usually say that you have to change the settings of your google+ account. I also found out, blogger doesn't change the photos when they are in png format.
    Blogger problems aside, the photos are indeed breathtaking. The remind me of the show "Once upon a time".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every single time you post I want to send the pics to my husband and say "See! Make photos that look like this!"

    Remind me again, what lens are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really amazed at how the photographs turned out. I've always found night photography to be a challenge ( and quite often a very difficult challenge). However, I have taken a few photographs that I have been satisfied with.

    Wonderful outfit, atmosphere, photography, everything....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! What a great way to play with night photography! It inspires me to change up my outfit post locations.
    I had no idea that it was Google that was fucking up the pictures?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)