Friday, February 28, 2014

Shorts Are For Rolling In The Snow






Dollhouse Coat (thrifted)
Columbia Sweater (thrifted)
Old Navy Shorts
Fergie Boots (gift)

While buying a newspaper at the quick-stop this morning I was told by the dud behind me that  I was "over dressed" for the weather.  Compared to him in his sandals with socks, shorts and tank top, I was and I felt like a total Alaskan poser.  25 degrees?  Phhht, that be bathing suit weather!  I was totally over dressed with the sweater, coat, tights and boots.  My legs have very little feeling left in them so they can freeze but my torso is always cold so I pile on the layers.  I'm looking forward to eventually hitting menopause, hot flashes are going to be amazing, assuming I get them in the 50 below zero weather and not during the summer when it's 95 degrees. (Which will probably be my luck.)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, it's 25 degrees in Fairbanks this time of year? Crazy! It was 37 when I took my daughter to daycare today, and I was sweating while only wearing a long sleeved dress and my jean jacket. I had to take off my hat and gloves because of the heat. Now that I think about it, can I take the green of summer and just combine it with the cool of spring? I guess that's what fall is for.

    Anyway, super adorable combination! Show off them legs, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahah, looking forward to menopause. I think you look underdressed if anything, but I just can't imagine that weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love shorts and tights and that turtleneck looks incredibly cozy. My arms and torso are always the coldest parts of me when I'm out in the cold too, so I feel you. Though it tends to be a whole lot warmer here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol omgsh, that's hilarious. Hope menopause hits ya during the winter!
    I love that print coat, every time you wear it I'm reminded how much I like it haha. And you crazy Alaskans...that's all I can say about your definition of overdressed :P

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. That outfit is adorable! I love the way shorts look with tights. For me my torso always stays plenty warm and it's my legs that freeze. So anytime I wear tights in the winter I pile on about five pairs of them and then my legs look huge. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously? :D Look at that snow woman!!! This is barely a tank top weather :D I'm sure I'm gonna die if I live there, lol :D
    This is going to be my favorite coat! And the freakin cool turtleneck reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She had the same white sweater *_*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)