Thursday, February 27, 2014

New Horizons




Forever 21 Jacket (thrifted)
Diane von Furstenberg Dress (thrifted)
Leather Boots c/o H&M

 I've been trying to branch out with the lengths of dresses that I wear and after falling down the rabbit hole of minimalist blogs, I wanted to try ore of a simple look.  This really isn't a minimalist look but I love the idea of simplifying an outfit and one's wardrobe.   I'm a shorty so most minimalist looks won't look that flattering on me (Sigh, no awesome Rick Owens looks for me and these stumpy legs) but I am working towards not being such a fussy dresser.  I look back at a lot of my earlier outfits and there was always so much going on, it was really juvenile looking and not that much fun.    I've been feeling like I'm in a serious rut with all of the snow so looking at and trying new styles is a good way to break out of that.
I like the overall look although I suppose high heeled boots would have been more flattering on the leg line.  At the time I liked the flat boots and it was easy to throw on but I think I might try this again and see if I can make it work better. (Or maybe I'll just steal a model's legs.  That'll totally work.)
This jacket is actually a cropped style but because I have a short torso it ends up being regular length on me.  I know I've been wearing it like crazy this past month but it works really well with any dress length and is big enough I can layer a few cashmere cardigans under it.
.

3 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity! I would call this minimalist. It's always fun to experiment with different aesthetics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look very minimalist, and I think it looks great on you!
    (Also, if you're going to steal model's legs, you better make sure that you sew yours onto her body so well she doesn't notice!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the way the leather jacket looks with that dress! I think it's a great idea to try out new styles. I've been in a rut lately myself and need some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)