Tuesday, February 11, 2014

In Their Shadow








Old Navy Parka, Jeans and Scarf
Talbots Sweater (thrifted)
H&M Cardigan (thrifted)
Fossil Bag (thrifted)
Leather boots (thrifted)

This is actually just down the road from one of my jobs and on a clear day you can see the Alaska Range behind the trees.  It's a pretty spectacular view and it always makes me miss the mountains.  Not the avalanches though!  The only road in and out of Valdez was blocked for a week earlier this month, leaving boats and the airplanes as the only way in and out.  We use to have that problem in Seward, every winter we'd get blocked for about a week and as long as you're prepared, it's not that bad.

8 comments:

  1. So curious about what your jobs are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few jobs, I'm a riding instructor by trade(flat and begining jumping) i work for a long time friend's mom at her lodge (ceaning and bookwork mostly) i'm working with a contractor friend on cleaning and repairing hoarder houses and I paint custom signs. None of it is very glamourous but I like work that requires me to be active and I like seeing a physical differance in what I do. I've tuaght riding lessons since I was 15 and its something I really love, now that we have enough property I'm working on building my own facility rather than going to clients' homes or working out of other barns.

      Delete
    2. I was actually wondering how this for a while! Thanks for answering, Katie. I think it's so cool what you do for jobs!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, love the cute bag and your snow-day approved outfit. Ha!
    And actually, I was really happy to see your comment about jobs, because I've been wondering that too!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my life I wanted to live in Alaska, now I'm not so sure..With all the frozen pipes, blocked roads, -239548698568 degrees, I won't survive one night :D
    Oh wow, awesome parka and adore the cute hat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, I probably bitch about the cold and pipes too much. The Interior makes up for its cold winters by having amazing, warm summers and the coastline of Alaska, along with the Wrangel mts is the most breath-takingly beautiful thing you'll ever see. You'd probably love it here, I just need to stop giving it a bad name by whining about the little stuff.

      Delete
  4. The lighting in these pictures is gorgeous but it looks so cold too! I can't imagine getting stuck in town that long - though with the ice storms here I'll be stuck inside the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)