Saturday, February 22, 2014

Dawn








Dollhouse Coat (thrifted)
Cashmere Sweater (thrifted)
Old Navy Jeans
Leather Bag (thrifted)
Fergie Boots (gift)

More snow.  I was looking at how much we've gotten this year and man, if it does the quick melt off like it did last year, things are going to be a mess come break up season.

I've been ruthless in cutting my coat collection down, so far I've managed to get it down to a few and have taken a look at what I'd really like to add.  A printed, hooded coat was one of those and this thrifted one has fit that perfectly.  It's a nice medium weight coat and I can still layer it under my bigger puffer coat for the -50 below zero cold.  (In -50 I'll wear long johns, a sweater, a smaller coat and then the puffer if I have a bunch of outside work to be done.  The Bogs boots with wool socks and my old L.L.Bean snow pants keep my legs and feet warm and it's easy to still be mobile.)

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to see you TRULY bundled up sometime, haha. I love when you include a couple smiley pics :) By the way, do you wear makeup at all? If so, I'd be interested in a post about your makeup routine and what products you use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh...that coat...if you ever cut it out of your wardrobe, think of me please? I just adore the dark hues and print. Plus, that hood! Perfection :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG OMG, I want that coat! O_O The print is so pretty!!!! I want the bag too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This coat was an awesome thrift find! I love the print and that it has a hood. So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)