Thursday, January 30, 2014

Our Love Will Never Be Blue









Hat c/o H&M
Tommy coat (thrifted)
Talbots Sweater (thrifted)
Joie Silk Dress (ebay)
American Eagle Outfitters Necklace
Leather Bag (gift)
Leather Ridding Boots (Very, very old and worn.)

It's nice to get some killer light for a change!  This last week has been so enjoyable to shoot photos in after a month and a half of garbage light.  I keep forgetting each winter how awful that time is, the sun hardly rises over the mountain range, it's cold and the light just isn't worth anything, the whole world feels as if it's being bathed in blue.  speaking of blue, or rather bluing(which we weren't) I once dyed my grey pony purple.   He was very light grey who usually made a mess of himself and just before shows we'd have to use blue to get the grass stains off him.  We only get the bluing sit for 5 mins and then wash it off but I got distracted once, forgot about the bluing and by the time I'd remembered, he was PURPLE.  No amount of baths could get the color off and I became the girl who rode a purple pony in jumpers.  Ghost the pony was quite miffed because 1) he hated bathes and 2) he was a pretty macho little pony.  


7 comments:

  1. PURPLE PONY!! I want one.:D I don't know if you have Milka up there, it's a brand of chocolate and is promoted by a purple cow - this one) - and ever since I was a kid, I've wanted purple furry something. And you got a purple PONY. What could be better than that??:)

    And yes, the light is magical, these shots are gorgeous, the 6th one is my favorite.

    I hope you're doing well, dear.;)



    ReplyDelete
  2. Something about this outfit is screaming Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink to me. That's a compliment, by the way :-)

    And speaking of things from my childhood, there's a book I read over and over that now I can't remember but that they referenced using bluing and that it turned something a ridiculous color. I've never seen bluing or even used it (or really even understand what it is) but I do have that memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS, I really hope you have purple pony pictures?! That's so amazing. By the way, did you get a haircut? Either way, you look very spiffy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I would love to see pictures of a purple pony!

    This is beautiful lighting, I love the soft tones :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple pony?? Omgsh, you HAVE to post pictures of that! Haha, pleeeease tell me you have some!
    Anyway, love the lighting in these photos, so glad you've gotten some decent sunshine. You definitely dressed up in the cutest outfit for it too. Love the print skirt peeking out and that cozy sweater. Perfect winter style <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really digging this outfit! You always seem to do a great mix of different styles and make it into something pretty unique. :)

    Alos... purple pony.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A purple pony sounds awesome! And so having decent light again! I really like this outfit too. The classic sweater looks great layered over your pretty dress. You always have great layering in your outfits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)