Monday, January 27, 2014

Misty Kingdom







Stormy Kromer Hat
Scarf (Gift)
Wool Sweater (thrifted)
Joie silk Blouse (ebay)
J.Brand Jeans (gift)
Dublin Leather Boots (gift)
Leather Bag (thrifted)

Polar Vortex meet Pineapple Express.  Alaska's had some record breaking warm weather lately but a few days ago the Interior got some freezing rain that made travel pretty treacherous. (Apparently I am now not the only one who's slid backwards down that evil hill.)  The rain fell during the morning, temps rose to 40 degrees and then as the sun set it all started to burn off, creating this beautiful mist over the fivers and fields.   Usually when we get "mist" in the winter it's ice fog and it's -50 below outside and not a huge amount of fun for pictures so it was a delight to take these.  It happened two days in a row so I had a few fun sets of pictures. (And the roads are so much better now so yay.)

3 comments:

  1. If I ever go to Alaska, I'm going to avoid that hill. Love that scarf, byyy the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh, that weather there is like a woman on her PMS :D
    I do love this sweater, the color is so pleasing to the eyes, alongside with the bold scarf ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keit got it right when she described the weather as a woman on PMS.
    This outfit is totally something I would wear! (I have yet to wear heels outside and I've had a pair for about 6 months now)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)