Saturday, January 11, 2014

It Takes One To Know One









Hat and Wool Cardigan/coat (thrifted)
Cashmere Sweater (thrifted)
Paige Jeans (thrifted)
Fred Meyer Scarf (gift)
Seychelles Boots
Leather Bag (Christmas gift)

Ev told me I looked like a Peruvian explorer today.  To which I said, "hhhhuh?"  (A very intelligent and witty retort indeed!)  

In other news, I saw my first Alaskan hipster today.  I didn't realize that was something that people actually did in real life. I felt like saying "Dude, my fedora is so much cooler than yours" but he did have a very sharp vest on that sorta made up for the dippy little hat.  I just don't like those little fedora on guys, I love the old Stormy Kromer hats or the battered hats the old timers wear but the little hats just look really...lame.  It's like seeing a dude in a spots pair of Carhart bibs, either he just bought them and didn't know he had to roll around under a car and in some snow before going out in public or he's a poser.


7 comments:

  1. An Alaskan hipster! You should have snatched his fedora to mount on your wall =P

    I really like the picture of you perched on that fence with snowy boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I see Alaska hipsters all the time on UAA's campus.
    Where you are at in the photos looks kind of familiar. Then again, there are a lot of places there that look the same unless you have the context around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this was over at Creamer's Field just in front of the old dairy barn!

      Delete
  3. An Alaskan hipster...hahahaha! You should've snapped a picture! xD
    And agreed, I just think fedoras look...well, quite frankly, douchie on them.
    I think its the printed coat and bright yellow scarf that might've prompted the Peruvian explorer...hehe, I like it!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like guys are usually trying to hard and letting you know it when they wear Fedoras. No where near as awesome as your hat. Which is totally awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)