Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hope With Nothing To Hold








American Eagle Outfitters Coat
L.L.Bean Sweater (thrifted)
Old Navy Coated Denim
Over The Knee Leather Boots (gift)
Fred Meyers' "Better Than Cashmere" Scarf
Lucky Brand Leather Bag (gift)


I'm really happy about the direction my style is starting to take.  It feels like its finally starting to all fall together and pull my love of "western-y" inspired items with old school country, equestrian and the various what-not. (Okay, that makes zero sense.)   I look back over my outfits from the past two years and wow, there's just some much bad that it's kinda painful.  It's taken me a while to figure this all out and to narrow down what I really like from all of the trends, past favorites and thrift store junk and it's taken even longer for me to learn how to pull it together in a somewhat cohesive look. 

A lot of it I think is just growing up.  I'm feeling more optimism in myself and my abilities and a little confidence seems to go a long ways in how I've been feeling lately.    I feel more in control and aware of myself and I don't feel quite as lost as I did for a long time, I feel like that's translating into an ease when it's coming to dressing.  And wow, that was strangely personal coming from me, let's hope that trend doesn't continue. 



8 comments:

  1. Oh I just found your blog. I love it. So sweet and I really recognise myself in you. Beautiful pics and great style. Thanks for inspiration. Making countryside alive.
    Love from the swedish winter (who at the moment are green unfortunately)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Katie! I love the photos and your boots (:

    xx Amber
    http://amberleetea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that your mindset and sense of self are going in a direction that you like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same. I don't wanna look at my blog, because the past outfits were just horrendous...not to mention the hair O_o
    I freakishly love this coat and scarf combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely noticed how collective your style became recently - you have a certain, classic cool look to your outfits now. Definitely more cohesive and just lovely to see! I adore it :)
    Haha, and I know, I wince looking back at old posts. Now that I've included a new widget on the blog (that "You might also like" one) is dragging up old posts that I haven't seen in ages. Yikes! Its nice to see how we evolve though!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, your outfits are always pulled together and impressive in my eyes, so you're winning from this perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  7. meant to also mention that I love the herringbone coat with the rich red

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)