Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Fall Away Towards The Sun








American Eagle Outfitters Coat
Madewell Dress (ebay)
Banana Republic Cashmere Cardigan (thrifted)
Fred Meyers' "Better Than Cashmere" Scarf
American Eagle Outfitters Leather Ankle Boots
Dooney and Bourke Bag (thrifted)


I really, really, REALLY suck at that "Slug Bug" game.  You know, the one where if you spot a Volkswagon Bug first, you slug the person next to you and yell "Slug bug, no slug bug back, blahblahblah."  That game.  I am awful.  In the past ten years I have won that game exactly once in a town that is packed with Bugs.   Bugs, they're the ultimate in urban camo for sneaking up on Katie...

In other news, I shrunk this dress.  I tried to iron it a while back, ending up smearing blue crayon all over it(looks like someone was melting crayons with the iron, hmmm....) and threw it in the wash to clean it.  Well, I neglected to read the care instructions, turn the wash onto warm and when the dress came out dramatically smaller, I realized I'd stuck a dry clean only dress into the hot water.  Opps.  It's a good thing I'm short of this could have been much worse. 


5 comments:

  1. i want your scarf and your bag..
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, definitely a good thing you're short! I love this dress and your layers with it. That plaid scarf is just perfect. That last shot is my favorite!
    Oh and the Slug Bug game? Man, I suck at it too. Thankfully there aren't that many in my area. It's mostly trucks, trucks, and more trucks ;P

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain! I accidentally shrunk a pair of wool pants once. =X The dress still looks great, so it's more like an evolution of sorts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no, poor dress~!! but actually it still looks really cute. I'm TERRIBLE at the slug bug game as well! over the knee socks forever, btw

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)