Sunday, January 12, 2014

Bury This Ungrateful Heart In The Ground









Wool Hat
American Eagle Outfitters Coat
Anne Klein Cashmere Sweater (thrifted)
Elizabeth and James Silk Dress (ebay)
Fergie Boots (Christmas Gift)
Belt and Bag (thrifted)

It turns out that Ev has never seen Scarface which in and of itself is something of a sin, I always thought that movie was a must for all dudes to see.  (Not to mention, it's amazing film and is one of my very favorites.)   He's seen only up to the chainsaw scene and of course the "say hello to my little friend" bit that everyone plays clips of but it's a shame to base your entire view of a movie on those few moments.  Afterwards he said he was surprised at what a good movie it actually was and that it wasn't just a blood splash fest or a story-less testosterone driven mess like Commando.   I'd have to agree, I think it's one of those very few films that could not be improve upon and it's one I always enjoy watching.  It's silly but I like the little bits if humor sprinkled in in an otherwise really tragic story.



9 comments:

  1. Amazing pics!

    Giveaway on my blog: http://teenfashioncorner.blogspot.com/2014/01/dressale-international-new-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fab outfit and gosh, you guys do have loads of snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could bear watching that movie--lots of violence and gore makes me feel icky :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's not a ton of actual gore and the level of violence feelsmpretty on par with todays pg13 movies. I think the perception that its a movie based only in violence doesn't give it the amount of respect it deserves, it's very much a character study and potrayal of both human nature and the american dream. Both the chainsaw scene and when tony montana kills off his old boss after a betrayal really sets up the last scene and how tony faces his own death. There is quite a bit of violence but it all is very much in context and isn't there just for the obsene value.(i feel like this with sex, violence and drugs in movies, i really don't like seeing sex or drug use if its just to be obsene or for shock/sex-sells vaule. In context it doesn't bother me, allthough I really hate the gore films. Eww, brains every where is not what I enjoy seeing!). It's also a fabulous potrayal of hard work but then allowing a devotion to money to driving wedges in betwen yourself and your family and allowing it to destroy you. I could go on and on but it really is far more than a gore fest or a gangster/drug movie. And sorry, I wrote a book there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, i guess i should amend that. I like tarentino movies and he's all about the violence and fakey gore so yeah, i guess i'm just blowing smoke out my butt. Sorry about that! ( is a good movie though!)

      Delete
  5. So I have to admit...I've never seen Scarface....sigh
    But I'll add it to my list of movies to watch!
    I really am loving your classy coat with the spring floral print. Sooo pretty!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen Scarface too, should I be worried? :D If you like it that much, it must be good. I'm gonna try it out tonight. I trust youuu! (que Titanic music)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed this post. You describe this topic very well. I really enjoy reading your blog and I will definitely bookmark it! Keep up the interesting posts.
    E Juice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)