Monday, December 23, 2013

Winter Solstice








Vintage Leather Jacket (gift)
George Cashmere Sweater (thrifted)
Old Navy Scarf
Paige Jeans (thrifted)
Fergie Boots
Leather Bag (thrifted)

The Winter Solstice was actually the other day but with the solstice we now stop losing daylight every day and start gaining it.  It's mostly mental at this point because I cant really see the difference but it's lovely to think that the days are slowly growing longer.  This'll continue until June when we'll have almost 24 hours of sunlight, how wonderful to think about long summer nights and hot days ahead!  I might be jumping the jump a little but I am ready for summer!  It's been an easy year so far and we only have another two months in which the really brutal cold will occur in and even though March and April are still cold, Fairbanks usually get 80 degrees by the end of May.  Man, I am looking forward to that!

6 comments:

  1. Oops, I missed the solstice. . . I guess that's the kind of thing you pay more attention to when you're up north! I know it's basic stuff, but I'm still amazed by how different the weather is in different places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I never look forward to summer weather. Ever! It's hard to explain how horribly muggy it gets while staying in the high 90s most days. I can't imagine the brutal winters you get though. I'm in Illinois right now and it's way too cold today! Is it too much to ask for some nice moderate climate to live in?

    But anyway, this leather jacket is awesome. What a great gift! You look so cozy and cute all bundled up here and the lighting in these pictures is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I know, I'm looking forward to longer days! I hate how early it gets dark.
    Anyway, lovely leather jacket and beanie. Once again, I'm impressed with the gorgeous lighting and your stunning, snowy backdrop!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear sweet beautiful katie pony princess, after dealing with the 40 below, near semi truck hits, worrying about frozen pipes, snow insulating protection, the wood stove, remodeling your very own house, plus christmas coming & going. i can only imagine summer will be a welcome sunshine warmth filled change. just letting you know even though i haven't commented, i'm still reading about your adventures, being inspired by your gorgeous photos, & awesome fashion sense. with love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those boots are amazing! I can't believe so many of the items in this look were thrifted. Just goes to show you it is possible to look great and save money doing it. We're a shaving company called Dorco and we're all about that. We provide quality razors for up to 70% less than leading brands. Read what others think about our products and our prices at DorcoUSA.com. Thanks for sharing this beautiful look with us, and have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely. I've always wanted to look at the winter or summer solstice

    Tallia
    trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)