Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Winter Road





Jones Jeans Coat (thrifted)
Old Navy Scarf
Jacket c/o H&M
Forever 21 Lace Top (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Waxed Jeans
DV by Dolce Vita Boots

I keep meaning to try different locations and try to set up different looks for photos, it gets a bit monotonous after a while and everything starts to look the same with snow everywhere.  There's so many older, kinda funky/cool looking buildings that I'd love to take pictures around but most have no trespassing signs so ya know, gotta respect that.    With the warmer weather I'm going to try to branch out a little,  picking pictures with a tripod gets a little un fun in below zero weather.  I know a lot of people have said that remotes are a great option and I did get one last winter but I thought it was more of a pain than anything.  I kept fidgeting with trying to keep the remote out of the picture and I didn't really trust the auto focus so being a control freak, I've stuck with the timer.

10 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I don't think I could manage taking my own pictures without a remote! I've taken to just not caring that it's in the picture, or slipping it in a pocket. I admire your dedication.

    AND LACE, ALL THE LACE PLEASE! I love the way you combine textures, Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that lacy top! So jealous of your tough skin Katie..I'm such a wuss taking my own photos in the snow. Seriously, I get sooo frozen my skin feels like it's on fire and then I have to quit. Ugh. And you're in Alaska! Aha, like I said, jealous.
    Anyway, love that top and the jacket and scarf you paired with it

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the trippy pattern on that coat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to your site in ages! anddddd I'm obsessed with your new hair! it suits you SO well! love the cut and color and everything. pretty!

    xxx
    Lady à la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the textures mixed in this outfit are awesome! I just love how your lace top looks with the cool pattern on your jacket too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, I think you're pretty hardcore if you take your own outfit photos--in the snow, no less! I've decided that unless I can convince someone to do it for me, I just won't take outfit photos. And then there are a lot of photos which don't get taken.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)