Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Big Blue









Herman Kay Coat (thrifted)
L.L.Bean Sweater (thrifted)
Express Dress (thrifted)
Naturalizer Boots (thrifted)
Icing Scarf
Handmade Bullet Casing Necklace (made by me)

I hope everyone had a fun Thanksgiving!  It's been a busy past few days with Thanksgiving, work and little Mr Gunnar had his birthday on Friday.  He's getting so grown up now, he got quite a few lego sets for his birthday and we went through yesterday putting them all together.  He did more than I though, he's pretty good at that whole follow-directions thing!

I did exactly no Black Friday shopping, I've worked retail and the deals are just usually not that good and defiantly not worth getting up at 2 in the morning.  Or sadly, missing out on Thanksgiving dinner with the family just to buy stuff.  I did do a little shopping on Small Business Saturday, I like supporting our local artisans and it's nice to keep the money that I spend within the local economy.  Gunnar's school had their holiday bazaar and I did most of my shopping there, we found some cute things for family members.  There are a few thing I might get tomorrow on Cyber Monday, I have to see how decent the deals are.  You might remember my interview with Eve's  Addiction a little while ago and they asked my if Id pass along some of the deals they have going on Monday.   First off, there's a special discount for Alaskan Weredork readers, enter the code "CYBEREVE30" at checkout for 30% off your order.
For every order over $125 you'll receive a free pair of earrings, with every order over $100 you'll get a $20 gift card and with orders over $75 you'll receive a gift card for $10.   I always like to give jewelry for Christmas present because it is something that's special and personal and since there's still a few people I have left to shop for, I'm going to see if I can find some pretty items. 

Happy December folks, there's only another five or so month of winter left now! Unless of course it ends up being a crazy year like last with snow storms in May. 

(This was not a sponsored post.  I had a ton of fun doing the interview and Eve's Addiction asked if I would mind passing along some savings and a special code for you to use on your orders.  I received no compensation for this.)

5 comments:

  1. happy December, Katie! I STILL can't get over the amount of snow you're having there. it's crazy :O and I'm STILL not waiting for those snow conditions to arrive in Estonia. I'm just not ready! but anyway, your photos remind me of those days, those snowy days I mean. and we have similar old blue machines here in Estonia ;) oh and I'm loving your dress! it has such a gorgeous print!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya Katie! I am glad that your Thanksgiving was well. :) We had a small family get together and ate leftovers for days. I agree with you on the Black Friday business... I didn't even know that it existed until I worked at Toys R Us (my first retail job). Then I knew that I would never set a foot inside a store again on Black Friday (of course, TRU liked to call it Green Friday) :P

    I love your outfit here! So many cozy layers! You have such a good eye for photography. I hope to get a DSLR camera early next year to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I really like the pads on the shoulders and elbows of that sweater. & Small businesses for life! =D Happy slightly late Thanksgiving & happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe it's December already?? I can't believe how fast this entire year went!
    Anyway, glad to hear your Thanksgiving was good and you didn't join the crazies lined up outside the mall at 8 PM on Thanksgiving day...ugh. I worked that day, and when I left to head home and enjoy family time, I couldn't believe how packed the mall was as I drove past. I can't believe people actually do that!
    Anyway, hope you scored some good deals today. All I know is that I will not be spending on clothes/shoes/movies any time soon now...sigh
    As for your outfit, that last shot is absolutely gorgeous! I love the tones of neutrals like cream white and brown mixed together. So classy!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cannot believe all the snow you have there. I have never seen snow like that my entire life. Cute little scarf to brighten the winter! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)