Saturday, November 2, 2013

Touch Down










Wool Hat
Scarf (Christmas gift last year)
American Eagle Outfitters Jacket
Banana Republic Cashmere Cardigan (thrifted)
Edwards Silk Blouse (thrifted)
J Brand Jeans (gift from my mom)
Rampage Boots
Leather Belt (thrifted)
Dooney and Bourke Bag (thrifted)

This Halloween was like something out of a Disney movie.  I've mentioned never having seen a "brown" Halloween or had a year when we didn't trick or treat in cold conditions with snow and that the Halloweens in movies were always quite strange to us Alaska kids.  This Halloween ended a rather long stretch of tropical weather for the Interior with no snow, we took Izzy and Gunnar along with my sister and one of my little brothers trick or treating this year.  It's the first time either Izzy of Gunnar has ever trick or treated outside, it's been really cold every year and usually we got to the event the Mall puts on, it's nice and warm, no one getting run over by crazy drivers and the kids get to trick or treat safety.  

The kids had a ton of fun running from house to house, ringing door bells and getting candy and it was so wonderfully warm out.  We finished up, piled everyone in the car to head out to my parents house for a party and the snow starting falling down.  It was sort of cool the way it'd held off until Trick and Treating was over and when we got up, snow covered everything.  (Well, the roads were slick and that sucked but we've had it pretty easy so far this year.) I'm happy the kids got to have such a fun night and experience it and judging by the turn out of kids doing the hill this year, everyone took advantage of the weather.

There, a good two paragraphs about the weather, I've satisfied my blogger quota for the week.  I suppose I'm a worst offender for weather talk but it has such a huge impact on our lives up here that it's hard not to bring it up sometimes.   Anyways, snow's here now.  Yay.


8 comments:

  1. awsome pictures! ♥

    http://thatswhywesmile.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the weather is especially impactful of your daily life in Fairbanks considering the potential for frozen pipes and running out of oil to heat the house and all that fun stuff! There is still no snow in Anchorderps but it will come soon. It's awesome that it didn't snow until after the trick or treating was over. Perfect if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, at least it waited out the Halloween holiday :D Man, the Winter starts early there!
    I just adore this scarf of yours ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have interesting weather, so feel free to keep talking about it! It's lovely that the snow held off for the little ones :) I handed out candy at home, and it is so heartwarming to see all the young kids get excited.

    About clothes: I really like the scarf + blouse combination here. For some reason that scarf looks amazing with pinstripes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that sounds lovely. I do love your felt hat. I am impressed with going for the pixie cut in the freezing temperatures. I hope your ears are ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I looked out the window while at work and it looked like a scene from a Christmas painting or something. Snow! Out of nowhere! Then it ended in about 5 minutes, but still...winter is coming. 0_o
    Haha, and it looks like it's already hitting you. Glad your kiddos had a good time trick or treating! I miss running from house to house on a sugar high...
    Anyway, love all the hats you wear Katie, you look perfect in all of them! :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit Katie. I like how rolling the sleeves on your jacket lets you show off the layers underneath.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)