Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Pretension of Winter










J.J.Basics Jackets
H&M Sweater (thrifted)
Gap Wool Skirt (thrifted)
Rampage Boots
Leather Bag (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Necklace

I'm a little ashamed of how long this skirt has lingered in my alterations pile.  I didn't get to anything this summer and it's really only been over the past week that I've been able to make any sort of headway on it.  I suppose that's the nice thing about winter, you finally get time to catch up on stuff like sewing or you know, books.  I think I read only one book this summer aside from the various horse books I read, most of those are instructional in nature and are more a part of work than "for fun" reading. Well, I did try to read Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe books but I kept getting stuck.  I really freaking hate Richard Sharpe and I hope that pretentious bastard dies in one of the books. (I love Cornwell's books but I really, really dislike this particular character.  He usually writes more anti heros character but wooow, Sharpe is a dick.  Not even a lovable one at that.)


6 comments:

  1. I love all your winter combination :) great sweater and bag ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you're ready for winter! It's great because you look super warm and cozy, yet also extremely stylish! ^^ Love the two-tone coat as well!
    STILL NO SNOW IN ANCHORAGE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, my mom is obsessed with the Sharpe books! I'm gonna read her what you said.

    "The Pretension of Winter" is an epic post title, and these pictures are pretty epic too. I always love your wilderness backdrops

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah! He's one of my favorite writers and while I love the historic aspect of the Sharpe series, I just cannot move past how much I dislike the Sharpe character. Sharpe's Tiger, the first book, he was okay but he just makes me so angery in every other book that it just wrecks it. I loved the King Aurther series, that one was fantastic!
    But yes, that must be just me, everyone else I know who's read the series really loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! Oh wow, don't you hate when you read a book that evokes such strong anger!? I'm curious to know what this character must've been like.
    Anyway, love the mixed media jacket and how it ties this whole layered look together!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit creates beautiful lines. If I could get away with mid-thigh skirts at work I'd be all over this look for autumn workdays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)