Saturday, November 9, 2013

Softly We Go Into The Night











Herman Kay Coat (thrifted)
Hat c/o H&M
Isabel Marant for H&M Scarf c/o H&M
Gap Cardigan
Forever21 Lace Top (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Dress
Old Navy Boots (old but similar styles in stores this year)
Leather Belt and Bag (thrifted)

Oh yay, the joys of chasing the light.  Winter is definitely here, I forgot how challenging it can be trying to shoot pictures in the dark and the snow, you can to do so much more fiddling with your camera and the settings than you do during the summer time.  I am kind proud of how far my pictures have come since this time last winter, I'd just bought my Canon and had no idea how to use it.  It was quite the learning processes and I had quite a few times where I just felt like such a loser for having this nice camera and taking garbage pictures with it. These are not my best pictures ever since I was racing against the light and a dying camera battery but I do feel a measure of pride for how far I've come.

I wore this dress quite a bit last winter and then this summer, not once but as soon as the snow started falling, I felt like pulling it out again.  That seems a little strange because it is such a summery dress with thin straps and light material but I love white dresses in winter.  Something about them and the snow, it's like Alaskans and loving ice cream when it's -50 below zero.

6 comments:

  1. So much awesome layering here. I love your elbow patch cardigan and that gorgeous white dress. I can't imagine how hard it is to get pictures when the light won't stay (and in the snow)! You're doing a wonderful job though. Your pictures look gorgeous and wintry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lighting in these photos is really nice and I LOVE that scarf! I know how you feel though. I finally invested in a nicer camera and I seriously don't really know how to use it :p it's already so much better than my old camera! But I still have a lot to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As well you should feel proud! I love the way you've gotten artistic with your photos. They're so much more than just "outfit photos."
    I feel like I need to get a new lens for my Nikon to really start pushing my photography to the next step. Now to figure out which one to get!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you developed some pretty amazing camera skillzzzz! My favorite photos are the last three, where the light warms up your face and you can see the snow falling down, it's like from a Christmas fairytale *_*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think your photos are amazing. How did you do the last three? Was that just the regular flash? I'm currently in that "I have such a nice camera and I'm not using it right!" phase, haha

    and as usual, I looove the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress. I just love your unique style and your color pairings. And your photographs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)