Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Snow Day









Romeo and Juliet Couture Cape (thrifted)
Ann Taylor Cashmere Sweater (thrifted)
Forever21 Dress (thrifted)
KORSMichael Kors Suede Boots (thrifted)
Fossil Leather Bag (thrifted)
Genuine Fur Scarf (thrifted)
American Eagle Outfitters Necklaces

Man, I love it when it warms up forty degrees, even if the current temp is about 10 above zero, it feels warm enough to roll around in the snow after the quite bit of -40 below.  I forgo-ed the snow rolling and just enjoyed the nice light and the trail that snow-machiners had been nice enough to pack down.   I'm mostly just baking and cleaning the house today, we're having dinner with my family tomorrow and I usually try to help out and bring a bunch of food.  There's all of my brothers and then they pretty much always bring friends with them so we end up with seven or eight hungry young men and then the rest of us at dinner.  Yeeeah, we go through a lot of food.    I'm making green bean casserole, baked yams, a cherry pie, bread, rolls and I know there's something else I'm forgetting.  I'll probably remember it right before it's time to go.


8 comments:

  1. a lot of snow... :-)
    cute pics and great outfit
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yum, cherry pie and baked yams! Yes please.

    I love the sheerness of the skirt and that fur stole is still perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it's going to be such a delicious meal! Any excuse to get together and eat is fine by me. =)
    It's been around 20-30 degrees over here in Anchorage after 2 weeks of it hovering around 0. I know it's not as harsh as Fairbanks winter, but I find myself taking my gloves off and forgoing the hat and being tempted to go out in just a sweater at 20 degrees. =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. cooking must be the best part about winter:) I love cooking too:)
    You look amazing, love that long maxi, the fur and well just about everything about this outfit and look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unreal how this entire outfit is thrifted 0_o
    That wine colored maxi skirt and print sweater are wonderful! I just love it all Katie

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, if that's not a warm outfit then I really don't know what is :P and gosh, I just can't believe the amount of snow you're having there! like true winter :O we have no snow and I'm not complaining, haha. though this morning when I was driving to work I checked and there were +3 degrees C and oh my how slippery the roads were! it was crazy! and where is the logic in this? +3 degrees C and a completely frozen road?
    anyway, I was so happy to see you in my blog again! I have definitely missed you a lot! but at the same time I understand that life can be hectic and blogs are not the most important things. job, home and family always come first!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm..cherry pie... (drools)!
    You are such a hottie in these photos. That cape is magic!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lovely dinner was happening over there… Love the thought of a cherry pie. And such a beautiful outfit and photos, as always. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)