Sunday, November 10, 2013

Prickly Fortune






Forever 21 Studded Faux Leather Jacket (thrifted)
Gap Shirt (thrifted)
J.D. Hook Silk Scarf (thrifted)
J Brand Jodpurs (thrifted)
Dirty Luandry Boots
Leather Bag and Belt (thrifted)

Aside from the boots, almost an all thrifted outfit.  Well, Im not sure if second hand on ebay counts as thrifting but it can be like rummaging through a thrift store trying to find items on there.  I've had a fair amount of luck of finding nice stuff on ebay but its almost always been because I've had a specific item in mind, otherwise it seems pretty overwhelming on that site!
This fake leather jacket was a pretty sweet find, I like leather jackets a lot and I've been wanting one with a tougher edge than most of mine but I wasn't really sure if I wanted to save up for an expensive version.  I was pumped up to find this F21 jacket at the thrift store, I was pretty much what I'd been thinking of and at $2.99, it was at a price point that I felt comfortable with.  It's good to have the workhorses in your closet but it's also nice to have a few fun items.

5 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Word.
    THAT JACKET *_*
    You had to know I would go crazy for it. Haha, the spikes are so badass! Once again, I can't believe you thrifted something like this! My thrift store is not half as cool

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lapelllsss! Boho fierceness. & I think secondhand ebay counts as thrifting. It's the internet age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love it! It's so bold but it's great! I love how you combine really pretty stuff with funky and also edgy items. I would wear fake leather and studs all throughout high school, it's been so long since I touched any of them. You inspire me to bring it back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you do have luck on thrifting...:-) I don't think I have bought any used clothes on Ebay...I can't remember the last time I even went on ebay! With my shopping budget cut this holiday season I may have to get thriftier :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the combination of the classic equestrian scarf with the tough leather jacket - very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)